I was amazed when I found out moisturiser could be made with two simple ingredients, especially when the ones you buy seem to be full of so many chemicals!
All you will need:
- Pure almond oil
- Aloe vera gel
- Something to store it in (I used an aluminum 50ml tin)
An optional ingredient: essential oils. They are great for fragrance and other properties, and you can choose one depending on what you want! Some examples:
- Orange – good for breakouts; anti-inflammatory
- Lavender – good for breakouts & acne; anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial
- Ylang ylang – Revitalising & good for breakouts; antiseptic
- Rose – Good for acne; antibacterial
- Tea tree – good for oily skin & eczema; antibacterial, soothing
- Geranium – Good for dry skin; soothing, nourishing
All you need to do:
- Add some aloe vera gel to a bowl (or straight into your container)
- Add a few splashes of almond oil (add your essential oil now)
- Stir until the mix turns white
- Ta daa!
Both ingredients last a while if you store them correctly, so when you’ve used it up you can come back to make more!